This refreshing delicious smoothie will kick start your day the right way! You can add a protein power for an “on the go” breakfast replacement, or just drink it as a refreshing immune booster.
This is why this smoothie is so good for you:
- Spirulina: Super food that is rich in essential and non-essential amino acids, minerals, vitamins, and enzymatic pigments. That’s simply means that you will feel better, have a greater immune system and digestive system.
- Maca: Super food that is rich in vitamins, promote sexual health, women health, increase energy, good skin and balanced mood. Who doesn’t want that?
- Kale: Rich in iron and vitamin K and C, great antioxidant, good for detox, high fiber and anti-inflammatory. I love it!
- Blueberries: One of the best foods for your brain functions- actually known as “neuro-protective agents”, great antioxidant and any aging. Look younger and get smarter!
- Dates: Rich in vitamins, minerals and fiber; helps with bone health, anemia, digestive functions, allergy. Great replacement for refined sugar!
- Bananas: Rich in vitamins and minerals especially potassium, which can help with blood pressure, asthma, diabetes and mood enhancement.
- Protein powder: Easy way to add protein to your diet. Protein is the building blocks or your muscles. Adding the right amounts of proteins to your diet can help you lose fat and increase muscles mass.
Green Goddess Smoothie – Make it! (Serves 2)
5 cubes of ice
½ cup to 1 cup of frozen organic blueberries
Kale – about 10 small leaves (makes about 2 handfuls)
1 flat teaspoon Spirolina powder
1 teaspoon Maca powder
2-3 small organic dates or one big one (pitted)
2 small organic bananas
Optional- 2 scoops of vanilla protein powder (about 45g protein)
Separate the hard stems from the kale leaves and add the leafy part into the blender. Next, add the ice and the dry ingredients. Then add almond milk and water to taste: I usually fill up 2/3 of the blender with liquids: 1/3 almond milk and 2/3 water. Blend it all together and enjoy!
Cheers to your health!