Disclaimer: The medical, fitness, psychological, mindset, lifestyle, and nutritional information provided on this website and through any materials, downloads, videos, webinars, podcasts, or emails is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical/fitness/nutritional advice, diagnoses, or treatment. Always seek the help of your physician, psychologist, psychiatrist, therapist, certified trainer, or dietitian with any questions regarding starting any new programs or treatments, or stopping any current programs or treatments. This website is for information purposes only, and the creators and editors, including Orion Talmay, accept no liability for any injury or illness arising out of the use of the material contained herein, and make no warranty, express or implied, with respect to the contents of this website and affiliated materials.
On Board: Jaz Presence
Mission: Relationships and Spirituality
Today, I’m honored to have the wonderful Jaz Presence on the show. Jaz is a speaker, coach, and meditation trainer who hosts transformational workshops and retreats in Hawaii and Japan. He’s also the founder of Evolve Planet and HugAndConnect.org.
In our conversation, Jaz explores what it means to love and how to reach a state that allows you to achieve not only love, but a deep fulfillment that allows you to give (and receive) more. His wisdom will help you create better relationships, connect to a higher power, and reach a blissful stillness.
Connect With Jaz:
The Mission Log:
- [02:57] – Jaz wakes up at 5:30 and starts his day with meditation. He explains what he gets from this morning ritual.
- [04:08] – What would Jaz recommend for someone who doesn’t know how to meditate?
- [07:03] – We are always connected to a deeper wisdom, but we are distracted by consciously thinking about things.
- [08:30] – Jaz talks about learning to meditate at five years old. He also mentions the culture of having traveling monks in India, and how this early training in meditation enhanced his ability to learn.
- [10:54] – Science is validating the things Jaz has been saying about meditation, he tells us. He uses the examples of Newton’s apple and Archimedes’ principle to demonstrate how meditation and concentration can lead to insights.
- [13:16] – What made Jaz decide to switch from being an engineer to being a coach? In his answer, Jaz talks about overcoming our perceived mental and physical limitations.
- [18:40] – We hear about when Jaz decided to make the shift to devoting his life to helping people.
- [20:22] – Jaz talks about creating stories for his clients, and explains why he doesn’t plan his talks in advance.
- [21:46] – Jaz discusses the various areas he works on with clients. He and Orion then talk about the importance of hugging, and Jaz’s site HugAndConnect.org.
- [26:17] – We learn Jaz’s thoughts about yoga, which he teaches in Japan. He then moves on to discuss non-verbal communication.
- [28:59] – To Jaz, all relationships are the same. He explains what he means.
- [30:59] – Fulfillment comes from happiness and love (which ultimately means it comes from giving). From that state of fulfillment, we can create anything — and we’re empowered to give more.
- [35:11] – What is Jaz’s advice for Orion’s community of women who took part in her Valentine’s Day challenge?
- [39:59] – Orion expands on what Jaz has been saying, and then tells the story of meeting her now-husband Stephan. She and Jaz then discuss the power of changing your mindset.
- [44:23] – Does Jaz ever get angry? He answers, then he and Orion talk about the role of emotions and pain in life before moving on to discuss their contrasting views on duality.
- [51:58] – Jaz talks about the relationship we’re creating with our own awareness, and explains that letting go of it can allow us to live in a state of bliss.
- [53:57] – Where can people find Jaz, and what are his tips for living a stellar life?
Your Pre-Flight Checklist:
- For the next two weeks, wake up 30 minutes to an hour early every day and set aside the extra time for meditation.
- If you aren’t familiar with meditating, sit still and pay attention to your breath. See how long you can stay focused, and practice doing it for longer.
- To obtain clarity on something specific, meditate on that particular topic. You may be surprised by how much clearer the subject becomes after meditation.