Disclaimer: The medical, fitness, psychological, mindset, lifestyle, and nutritional information provided on this website and through any materials, downloads, videos, webinars, podcasts, or emails is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical/fitness/nutritional advice, diagnoses, or treatment. Always seek the help of your physician, psychologist, psychiatrist, therapist, certified trainer, or dietitian with any questions regarding starting any new programs or treatments, or stopping any current programs or treatments. This website is for information purposes only, and the creators and editors, including Orion Talmay, accept no liability for any injury or illness arising out of the use of the material contained herein, and make no warranty, express or implied, with respect to the contents of this website and affiliated materials.
On Board: Laura Gisborne
Mission: Women, Money & Legacy
Laura Gisborne is an incredibly inspirational woman with over 20 years of experience as a business expert. She has owned nine separate businesses, the first when she was only 23 years old. Since then, she has gone from structuring and selling small boutique businesses to owning a multimillion dollar wine and real estate empire.
In addition to her success as an entrepreneur and businesswoman, Laura is also a speaker and the author of two books: Stop the Spinning: Move From Surviving to Thriving and Limitless Women. In this conversation, she talks about the relations between four factors: mindset, money, success, and legacy. As her first book’s title suggests, she’s here to help you move from just surviving to truly thriving!
Connect With Laura:
The Mission Log:
- [01:58] – Laura launches the interview by telling us a bit about herself. She explains that her life now doesn’t reflect where she came from.
- [03:14] – What would Laura’s advice be for someone who struggles with money? In her answer, she talks about Louise Hay’s book You Can Heal Your Life.
- [06:36] – Laura talks about the first steps she took after reading the aforementioned book.
- [09:14] – We learn more about the importance of healing yourself as the first step. Overcoming the scarcity mentality is vital, she explains.
- [10:35] – How does Laura help leaders in money consciousness to heal their money wounds? She talks about the differences in views on money in other cultures, which place less emphasis on money and more on social contribution.
- [14:34] – Orion relates what Laura has been saying about money to the coaching she offers single women. Laura responds and expands on this.
- [15:26] – What are some of the tools Laura used to get over the sense of not being enough? She explains that 2.8 billion people are currently living on less than $3 per day, which offers an incredible perspective on money.
- [20:12] – Why do people who have lots of money and serve lots of people still feel like they’re not enough? Laura explains that this is what she calls “the human condition.”
- [23:07] – Laura talks about getting down to that core feeling of inadequacy, using James Ray as an example.
- [25:47] – Laura’s greatest blessing, and greatest contribution to her planet, is her children. She then talks about her legacy and her other blessings.
- [28:13] – What made Laura think about legacy and leaving her mark on the world?
- [32:12] – Laura describes the traits and habits of successful people. The most important, she explains, is how they spend their time.
- [34:04] – To get a complimentary copy of Laura’s first book Stop the Spinning: Move From Surviving to Thriving, go to laurafreebook.com. To find out about Limitless Women or other events, go to her website at LauraGisborne.com.
Your Pre-Flight Checklist:
- Get a copy of You Can Heal Your Life by Louise Hay, and read it attentively. This book can change my life.
- Cultivate an understanding of the fact that there’s more available than what I think. I’m not limited to what I’m accustomed to.
- Ask myself this question: if I didn’t have to struggle with money, what would be possible in my life?
Links and Resources:
Laura Gisborne on Facebook
@LauraGisborne on Twitter
Laura Gisborne on LinkedIn
Stop the Spinning: Move From Surviving to Thriving
Limitless Women (the book)
Limitless Women (the group)
You Can Heal Your Life by Louise Hay
The Dynamic Laws of Prosperity by Catherine Ponder
Money & You
The Soul of Money by Lynne Twist
Dame DC Cordova