Disclaimer: The medical, fitness, psychological, mindset, lifestyle, and nutritional information provided on this website and through any materials, downloads, videos, webinars, podcasts, or emails is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical/fitness/nutritional advice, diagnoses, or treatment. Always seek the help of your physician, psychologist, psychiatrist, therapist, certified trainer, or dietitian with any questions regarding starting any new programs or treatments, or stopping any current programs or treatments. This website is for information purposes only, and the creators and editors, including Orion Talmay, accept no liability for any injury or illness arising out of the use of the material contained herein, and make no warranty, express or implied, with respect to the contents of this website and affiliated materials.
Mission #38 Part 1
On Board: Dave Asprey
Mission: Hacking Your Body, Part One
This time on Stellar Life, we have a guest so special that we had to split the episode into two parts! Dave Asprey is the man behind the Bulletproof brand, which includes Bulletproof Coffee, Bulletproof Radio, and the New York Times bestselling book The Bulletproof Diet. He’s spent around 30 years and almost $1 million on biohacking his body. But Dave wasn’t always interested in health: he used to weigh a hundred pounds more than he does now, and got his start in the technology industry.
In this first part of the two-part series, we hear a lot about Dave’s background. He explains how (and why) he made the shift from tech into biohacking, and what he hopes to get out of providing all this information. We also have the pleasure of hearing his first-hand experience with some biohacking techniques, and he provides some valuable tips and insights into how to do your own biohacking.
The Mission Log:
- [05:42] — Dave introduces himself and explains more about who he is and his experiences and credentials.
- [06:33] — We learn more about Dave’s introduction to biohacking, which started around 30 years ago. He also mentions The Better Baby Book, then goes on to give his definition of the term “biohacking.”
- [09:42] — Orion asks Dave what we can do with stem cell therapy. He reveals that he plans to live to be at least 180 years old. He goes into quite a bit of detail about the stem cell retrieval process, as well as the culturing process.
- [11:30] — Dave explains more about what he wanted to do with stem cells in his own body (and what he’s already done with them). He’s gone so far as to have stem cells injected into his “boy parts,” to use his term.
- [14:17] — Dave’s wife had a similar procedure done, which clearly had a very positive effect on her as well.
- [14:50] — What are the three top lessons Dave learned from hacking his body?
- [16:55] — The Bulletproof Diet, in a nutshell, is a diet designed to create maximum willpower. The side effects are more energy and a complete decimation of food cravings.
- [17:57] — Dave explains some details about how certain foods are good for some people, but can have negative effects on other people. For more information, you can read The Bulletproof Diet or start cooking from Bulletproof: The Cookbook.
- [19:32] — Dave has a gift for Stellar Life listeners! You can download The Bulletproof Diet Roadmap, which tells you everything in the book in one page.
- [20:14] — There’s a difference between brain octane oil and MCT oil, as Dave explains here.
- [21:19] — Dave explains why he started the Bulletproof business. He gushes about his gratitude for being able to help people.
Your Pre-Flight Checklist:
Do your own research into stem cell therapy to understand what it’s capable of. There have been huge breakthroughs; it’s not just about cloning sheep anymore.
Come up with one specific thing that you want to change about your body. Instead of trying to figure out whether you can do it, figure out how to do it.
Download the Bulletproof Diet Roadmap, print it, and stick it on your refrigerator. Try to become more conscious of choosing foods that it encourages.